Explaining Road Conditions解释道路状况
Passenger: My! We're moving at a snail's pace.
乘客:天哪!我们开得像蜗牛一样慢。
Passenger: The traffic is very bad today.
乘客:今天的交通状况很糟。
Driver: The traffic is always terrible on Monday morning.
司机:周一早晨,交通总是很糟糕。
Passenger: There are too many cars.
乘客:车太多了。
Driver: Yes, this road sits at the center of the downtown, where the traffic is always bad. Are you in a hurry, madam?
司机:是啊,这条路在市中心,这儿的交通总是很差劲。您赶时间吗,夫人?
Passenger: Yes. But don't worry about it too much; I'd rather get there in one piece. Safety is much more important than speed.
乘客:对,不过别太着急。我更希望能安全地到那儿。安全比速度可重要多了。
Driver: I will, madam. I'll take shortcuts to get you there on time.
司机:好的,夫人。我会抄近路准时把您送到那里的。
Passenger: Thank you. I appreciate that.
乘客:谢谢。太感谢了。
Driver: No worries, ma'am.
司机:不用担心,夫人。
更多资讯,请访问北京商务英语培训学校